Saturday, May 8, 2021

Let your YES be YES and your NO be NO

So Matthew is one of those books that newish Christians love to quote.  Somehow it gives them the warm and fuzzies.  Personally I think the warm and fuzzies are highly over-rated.  I prefer to see scripture the way that Jesus does. 

John 5:39 - You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

Anyway, long story short, over the past few months I've had no less than *6* people falsely promise to do things to help me.  6, not 1 or 2, 6.  These are Christians mind you.  People that are supposed to be more concerned with God than their own selfish desires.  I had one person offer me all sorts of money.  I never believed they had it so I said "Sure, I could use it right now".  It wasn't a lie, but at the same time I knew it wouldn't happen.  So they vanished for 3 weeks, not returning a single message, email or phone call.  When they finally turned up, they gave me some AWFUL STORY about how they had to earn the money first.  People, don't offer to give anyone anything that you do not have in your possession.  Not now, not ever.  I told them to keep the money and spend it on their family.  And then I had someone promise to make this blog go viral.  So I said "Sure, could you start right away?"  And then they vanished.  2 weeks later I messaged them and I got GHOSTED.  It's now been 4 months.  Just for clarity, I didn't "need" anything from anyone.  Sure, it would have been nice if what they promised had been true, but I wasn't banking on any of it.

Listen, this blog entry is a "rap on the knuckles" for everyone.  Don't promise ANYTHING to ANYONE ESPECIALLY GOD and then not DO THE THING YOU PROMISED.  Even Jesus was pretty annoyed in Matthew 5:31-47.  I like when Jesus takes off the gloves and just lets people "have it".  Please READ the below scripture - REMEMBER IT - THEN DO IT.  Thank you.

Matthew 5:33-37 - "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.' But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."

With that said, I'm going to drastically cut back on posting.
I'm tired of all the lies and people not doing anything they promise.

Yes, I'm venting, but I'm serious.

If you would like me to keep writing (I've got loads of stuff to write about), then please don't promise me anything, just DO SOMETHING.  I literally can't understand how this site is so busy with repeat readers, but I can't get anyone to refer a single story to anyone.

Hopefully God will hear my prayers for a greater readership.
I will not be approving any comments to this post.

NOTE: If some miracle takes place and we start getting lots of new visitors, I will know and likewise let you know too.

No comments:

Post a Comment