Friday, March 19, 2010

A New Take on the Homosexuality Issue

Over the past 5 eons, there's been an endless debate (more so over the past 60 years) as to whether or not Homosexuality is REALLY an "abomination" before God.

While doing some light reading today, something hit me that never really did before....

Let's start off with this verse:
Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Ok, fine. Do not be conformed of this world, got it. Seems to be an easy enough rule for us.

But think of this regarding "sexuality". Sexuality is a CULTURAL ISSUE, true? Yes, it's the most common method of procreation, but throughout all of the world, with or without Christ, sexuality is a cultural issue, right?

Now let's add these verses:
1 Corinthians 5:9-11 - I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner --- not even to eat with such a person.

Ok, I get it. Keep away from people that will keep you further from your walk with Christ. That isn't to say "isolate" yourself from them, but not to "keep company" with.

Finally, let's consider this verse:
Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.

So let's see, in Heaven, there is no marriage because we are Holy. Got it.

Now let's put them together:
Do not concern yourself with the cultural issues of this world, don't be like or associate with immoral people, because if it's not good enough for Heaven, it's certainly not good enough for us here!

Truth be told, I started thinking about this while I was cooking today. When I finally got a chance to get this written, I may have lost what I was going for. If you found this confusing I apologize and will endeavor to improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment