Friday, October 2, 2015

Christianity needs to change?

Did you read the subject without the question mark?
If you did, you're not alone, but you're in a lot of trouble.
Good thing you're here, let me help you out!  :)

There are 3 types of people in the world:

1. Christians who believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God
2. christians who believe the parts of the Bible they want to believe
3. Everyone else

What?
You don't like that?
I'm being unfair?
Hmm...
Let's see if that's true...

Let's start with #1 - If you already believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, then you know that GOD DOES NOT CHANGE. How do I know God does not change? He said so...

Malachi 3:6 - "For I am the LORD, I do not change..."

Now let's skip to #3 - You don't know God, you don't care about God, maybe you don't even think there is a God. And maybe if you do, you don't believe in GOD, but a 'god' that makes you feel good about yourself.  Of course, that's not God.  How do I know?  God told me!

Exodus 20:1-6 - And God spoke all these words, saying: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.  You shall not make for yourself a carved image --- any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

So that leaves us with #2 right?  Hmmm.... Seems to me that #2 has a lot in common with #3.  How can I say that? Well, #1 are the people who believe God when He says that He does not change, right? And #3 are people who either don't believe in God or have made up one that's permissive of their iniquities. So how does #2 differentiate from #3?  The people who fit into #3 have 1 thing going for them that the #2's don't.

A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus is God, right?  A Christian is someone who believes God when He says that He does not Change, right?  So if you believe that some parts of the Bible are old, outdated, wrong, misunderstood or otherwise don't fit into your own personal reality, what does that make you? At best, it makes you someone who doesn't completely agree with God, right?

What do you call someone who doesn't completely agree with God?

Ahh!  I know... You call yourself 'An imperfect Christian who seeks out Gods wisdom every day'.

WRONG.... How can you seek out the wisdom of someone who you don't agree with?  Why would you???  I know I wouldn't seek out the wisdom of someone who I didn't have any faith in.  If it's possible for God to be wrong, then why would anyone waste their time listening to Him to begin with?

Listen, If you're a #2, I'm not trying to beat you up.  What I'm trying to do is appeal to that part of your brain that has made God so small, that you have no room for Him to be right. I get no personal satisfaction from telling you you're wrong, I won't win any prizes and I'm pretty sure that I won't make a whole bunch of new friends.  Every time I come to you, whether it's here or in person, all I'm trying to do is to help you correct a false teaching or a false understanding.  WHY?  Well, God has tasked me with that job...  It's my cross to bear and I feel blessed every day that He's given it to me to bear.

God said that He would send 'sound teachers', meaning teachers who will give you proper teachings. He also warned us that there would be a time coming when many would stop listening to sound teachings and begin to listen EAGERLY to false teachers that would teach things that sound good in your own mind and make you feel good inside.  A time when you would begin to discredit the good teachers and elevate the bad ones.  I can't make this stuff up, here it is for you to read:

2 Timothy 4:1-4 (ESV) - I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

What's the moral of this teaching?
Hmmmm.....

If you're a #1, then you're #1?
If you're a #2, then you're #2?
If you're a #3, today is a great day to find out who God really is. Not who I say He is. Not who I want you to believe He is, but who HE says that HE IS.

And if you're a #2, take a lesson from the #3's... Because if they're willing to admit they're wrong, don't you think there might be something for you to admit too?


PS: For the 3 of you who noticed that #2 was spelled with a lowercase 'c', that was done on purpose.  I've always felt it best to address false or deluded christians, with a lowercase c. Remember, Paul told us that we would know them by their fruits. So when we see a 'christian' supporting things we shouldn't, like gay marriage or abortion, those fruits are put on display for all of us to see. And the best part, is it doesn't require any judgment to look at fruits. It just requires a bare minimum of common sense.  :)

God Bless!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment