Monday, February 22, 2021

The Rush Limbaugh of Christianity

So as most of you know, I get all sorts of messages from all sorts of people from groups all over the world.  There was a point where I was meeting with groups of men from Pakistan (thru Skype) on an almost daily basis in order to teach the concept of Discipleship as Jesus taught it.  But I digress.

Today's post is not so much a question as it is a comment I received from a rather enthusiastic reader of mine.  I'm re-posting it with their permission.

Pastor Keith,

I just want to take a moment to do 2 things.  First, I would like to thank you for what you're doing both here on this blog and in your radio show.  As you probably know Rush Limbaugh died a couple of days ago.  Don't ask me how, but while I was reading your blog post today about "What Happens When a Christian Dies?" I couldn't help but think that you're like the Rush Limbaugh of Christianity.  You're not afraid to tell the truth, you won't hesitate to call out liars, you jump at the chance to correct false teachings, you are indeed A ROCK in a sea of flotsam and jetsam.  While the majority of other Christian pastors change their minds and their positions with the wind, you stand strong in God's Word and will stand behind it no matter the cost!  So with that, as you would say, thank you very, Very, VERY much for doing what you do and I pray that you're around to do it for a long time to come!  God Bless you!

Doug G., Herndon, VA.

Doug, YOU sir are amazing!  Thank you so much for your kind words.

Also, I know you didn't ask me, but I feel compelled to mention a couple of quick things about Rush.

  1. For those of you who don't know, Rush Limbaugh was in FACT a Christian.  As a matter of fact, on one of his final broadcasts, he had this to say about it:

    "I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is of immense value, strength, confidence and that's why I'm able to remain fully committed to the idea that what is supposed to happen will happen when it's meant to," he said during one of his final programs. - Taken from CBN

  2. He spent the majority of his career speaking out against liberalism and the progressive agenda.  He knew full well that anything that the left brings into the conversation, the US inevitably adopts as normal and makes a part of the country. (homosexuality, gay marriage, transsexualism, etc)

  3. I actually listened to Rush's show when it first went on the air.  I liked his show, but to say that I was a conservative all those years ago wouldn't be true.  I actually called into his show and spoke to him for a few minutes.  I don't remember what I called about, but I remember that he not only sounded like he cared, but was engaging and thoughtful in the way he replied to me.  In other words, he made me feel special, something I hope that I always do when someone contacts me.  If you've ever contacted me and I didn't make you feel special, please let me know!

  4. Rush was actually a member of a very famous family in the United States dating back to 1800.  There's been Judges, Attorneys, Musicians and Leaders of every stripe.  Here's a short Wikipedia article that shows some of his family history.

So while I'm sure there are 1,000's of factoids about Rush Limbaugh, those are just a couple of things I felt like sharing with you.  I was very sad to find out that he had received a diagnosis of Stage 4 Lung Cancer just days before my Brain Surgery and only days after Neil Peart had passed away from Brain Cancer.  To think that God spared me while taking the lives of 2 men that I loved and felt were far more valuable to the world than me makes me cry.  It makes me cry firstly, because I feel loved and secondly, because I miss both Rush and Neil.  LOL, Neil was the drummer for the Rock group Rush, coincidence, I don't think so!  :P  Now I miss Rush, Neil & Rush the band!

So Doug, thanks for making me feel loved today!
I needed it!

And to respond to you directly: IF ONLY I COULD GET THE CHANCE!  :P

And with that, please remember to like, share, comment & subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment