Sunday, June 27, 2010

Faith healing - Real or Bunk?

At the forefront of my mind are the words:

James 5:15 - And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

and

Mark 11:23-24 - For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

And while I never doubt that, I must say that until today, I never really gave much time or attention to faith healing.

Now I'm not talking about our brothers or sisters who make a living, supposedly healing people, I'm talking about asking and receiving.

Last night, I went to bed with my throat looking 99% like this:


During my prayer before bed, I actually did something I have never done before. After I was done doing all of my normal praying, I made a special request. I said, "Father, I never pray for myself, nor do I think that I'm worthy of Your ear, but I have a special request. If You really don't need for me to be sick, please lift this sickness from me. If You do need for me to be sick, then Your will be done."

I woke up this morning, and after being awake for about a half hour, I realized that my throat wasn't dry and scratchy anymore, so I went and got the flashlight and looked in the mirror and my throat pretty much looked just like this picture:


I love Him so much I could bust!

All the Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment