Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is the Sabbath day a day of "Worship"?

As we all know, "The Sabbath day" goes back to Genesis 2:2 - And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. This said that "He rested" on the 7th day. If I understand God's Words and don't read into them, this becomes a model for us. But allow me to continue.

Here, I believe Jesus gives us some valuable insight into the Sabbath,
Mark 2:27-28 - And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath." If I read these verses and don't read into them, that says that "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath". If the Sabbath was truly made for us and we truly were not made for the Sabbath, then the Sabbath day is NOT a day of worship AT ALL.

In my forthcoming book, I cover this topic and suffice it to say, "If God is indeed our Heavenly Father, don't you think that your Father would want to hear from you MORE THAN one day per week? Don't you think that your Father would want to spend a lot more time with you than for just one hour while you're in some building with a bunch of people? If you truly love your Father, you'd want to spend a lot more time with Him. Therefore, don't be concerned with, "which is the Sabbath?", because that's the day God created for you,
so that you could rest. Be more concerned about how much time you spend with your Father, who we should be worshiping every day!" I go into a bit more detail in the book...

This is the way that The Holy Spirit has revealed this to me...
I hope that someone finds this useful...

No comments:

Post a Comment